Every construction project is different and unique, and what is feasible for each
project will depend on its unique characteristics.
As we all know, in the UK construction has continued to go ahead during the COVID-19 pandemic. So it is up to us as responsible companies to keep our construction workers safe.
Here are some of the measures the Bonner Formwork team are taking to protect our team:
- If a worker is showing any COVID-19 symptoms they will be encouraged to leave the job site and return home to self isolate for the appropriation time (generally 2-3 weeks).
- All management meetings will take place via phone and video calls to decrease the exposure of the virus.
- Our construction workers must avoid physical contact with others and shall direct others
(team members/contractors/visitors) to increase personal space to at least 2 meters, where
- We encourage our team to bring their food and refreshments to work with them to avoid more exposure at local food shops.
- Provide equipment for the workers to wash their hands, if soap and water are not available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Encourage your workers to take separate vehicles to work to minimize the risk of infection.
- The number of visitors to the job site will be limited to only those necessary for the work.
For more information on our onsite safety please visit our safety and training page.